Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unit 2: Usability

This image would be used for my tenth grade World History class in our unit on the Middle Ages. This is a simple series of squares and lines to illustrate the linear process of becoming a knight. The reason I did not use a circle is because this is not a continual process. The squares and lines are appropriate for this image because it shows the flow of the step-by-step process involved with becoming a knight. By organizing the content into units, or chunking, the germane load increases. I would also think there is not an extraneous load because this image is not 'busy' (Ch. 3).

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of squares and the lines that you did for steps. I wonder if you did it like a step image where the top is smaller than the bottom since the bottom is the end goal. And I also don't know about you but I like a little color so maybe to color code the steps or arrows. I don't know I am no expert in this field so I feel really funny telling you what to do with your picture. I hope I helped a little.

    ReplyDelete