I did not think this was a very effective image because I think it does not fulfill any of the 3 C's, which are concentrated, concise, and concrete (102). It is not concentrated because the information is so spread out, it is not concise because there is too much information visually, and it is not concrete because it is not very easy to visualize. Here is the image that I came up with to address these areas.
The idea of implementing figure-ground is that you want the learner to focus on what is critical (102). I thought that by making the pillars say the meaning and putting the key words in bold, I addressed the major shortcomings of the original image. Please let me know how I can improve this image even more. Should I add color to each pillar? Should the text be bigger or smaller? Thanks for your input.
I like the way the image is much clearer. Yes I think you should add color to the pillars and triange. The words on the bottom where you describe each pillar should have a bigger font. I had a hard time reading it. Other than that I really like what you did.
ReplyDelete