This is my revision of an image I made on the 5 pillar s of the Islamic faith. I decided to make the image because the one I found online, which you can find on the post two before this one, was confusing. I used my partners' suggestions to add color and make the text bigger. Color is important in this image because it makes the layers of information (268) more distinct. I did not use a specific color scheme because each of these five pillars are cornerstones of Islam. If these pillars went from most important to least important, making the colors go from bold to light would have made the most sense. As I mentioned in the last post I revised this image with the intent of improving upon the effectiveness of the 3 C's, which are making it more concentrated, concise, and concrete (102). I think that I accomplished all three of these if you compare this image with the original one I found on the internet.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Unit 4 Revised Image and Justification
This is my revision of an image I made on the 5 pillar s of the Islamic faith. I decided to make the image because the one I found online, which you can find on the post two before this one, was confusing. I used my partners' suggestions to add color and make the text bigger. Color is important in this image because it makes the layers of information (268) more distinct. I did not use a specific color scheme because each of these five pillars are cornerstones of Islam. If these pillars went from most important to least important, making the colors go from bold to light would have made the most sense. As I mentioned in the last post I revised this image with the intent of improving upon the effectiveness of the 3 C's, which are making it more concentrated, concise, and concrete (102). I think that I accomplished all three of these if you compare this image with the original one I found on the internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yours is a definite improvement. I have two suggestions... avoid Yellow text against a white background, if you do use it, do a solid black drop shadow. The problem with yellow text is that it doesn't provide enough contrast against a white background.
ReplyDeleteI'm mixed on the text, it is really hard to read vertical text. Would it be easier to read the entire word rotated 90 degrees instead?